Senior Property Accountant
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounting processes and produce reporting required for the commercial property/asset management portfolio. The Senior Property Accountant will perform the day-to-day accounting and financial processes related to the assigned properties while also preparing variance analyses, forecasts and budgets. This position is responsible for the accounting of real estate assets, closing the books monthly and maintaining records including all the ancillary accounting related to these assets, such as CAM and RET reconciliations.
- Prepare the monthly financial statements and variance analysis for multiple entities with accuracy and within a very quick timeframe.
- Complete all monthly account reconciliations for cash, receivables, payables, accruals, and lender obligations and assist with the annual budget process.
- Work with the junior accountant to resolve issues with posting cash receipts and researching outstanding balances.
- Ensure Accounts Payable is properly entered, coded and approved. Ensure expenses are properly recorded.
- Perform lease administration in the accounting software.
- Prepare and complete the reconciliations of CAM, insurance and real estate taxes as well as direct billings.
- Work with the Property Managers to prepare and manage the annual property budgets, forecasting for any significant changes, variance analysis and enforcement of the financial elements of the tenant leases, utility expense and recovery calculations and rent statement back up.
- Ensure variance analysis explanations are accurate, assist in the quarterly and annual reporting processes, and perform annual CAM analysis.
- Work independently and be able to work with all levels of the organization across all departments.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner, maintaining a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with tenants, coworkers, and the general public.
- Implement and maintain processes, procedures, and reports needed to maintain accurate accounting records.
- Work on special projects as needed from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent and a minimum of 5-7 years of property management accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Experience in the commercial real estate accounting industry with a solid grasp of property management accounting workflow processes a plus
- General Ledger accounting background required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Familiarity and experience with Yardi is preferred.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong work ethic, team player and an ability to handle multiple projects at any given time.
- Proactive, self-starter, detail-oriented work habits with a commitment to a high-quality work product
- Organized with effective time management skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
It is the policy of Weller Development to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Weller’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Weller Development also welcomes applications from returning citizens. Background checks are not conducted until the time of hire, and interactions with the criminal justice system are evaluated on a case-by-case basis are not necessarily disqualifying for employment.